Software Engineer - Platform Engineering
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the team building the core of the NC Shape platform. Our plan is to drastically scale up the number of our users in the near future, and your mission will be to make sure this can be done successfully, by designing reliable, observable systems. We expect you to harness the power of modern cloud technologies to build the infrastructure and software platform that will push our product to the next level and make its adoption successful by hundreds of users in the world’s most innovative industrial companies. We will value creativity and rigor as you will work towards laying the foundations for a successful growth of our engineering activities.
We are on a mission to revolutionize design and conception across all industries. Our software platform empowers our clients to both create more efficient products and accelerate their development, thanks to a unique deep-learning based engineering technology.
Our flagship SaaS product, Shape, has already been adopted by global leaders in industries ranging from Automotive and Aerospace to Electronics. They trust our software to ensure they stay ahead of the curve by shortening conception cycles by orders of magnitude.
This breakthrough cloud platform allows engineers to upload petabytes of historical data, train 3D deep-learning models at scale, and deploy customizable web-applications for industry designers in minutes.
We rely on a proven tech stack, using Kubernetes to run a combination of app microservices and GPU workloads at scale on elastic cloud infrastructure. Most of our services are implemented in Python to offer better compatibility with deep-learning libraries, but we also use Go for other standalone components. We have robust development best-practices, using Gitlab, Gitlab CI and Argo workflows to orchestrate our release cycles, unit tests and performance benchmarks.
What you will do:
- Your role in continuously improving the performance and reliability of our cloud platform will be crucial to ensure that the quality of the services we provide to our customers continues improving as the number of users scales.
- You will make day-to-day operations more efficient by developing and improving our infrastructure monitoring systems to guarantee that the platform is observable.
- You will play a central role in the team by managing our distributed CI/CD pipelines to ensure releases and bug fixes are shipped on time and thoroughly tested.
- You will guarantee a high level of service to both external and internal users of the cloud platform by managing cloud operations.
- You will ensure that our customers’ IT teams and our application engineers can be autonomous in creating and managing small-scale on-premise deployments by improving and automating our on-premise deployment solutions.
- You will express your creativity, technical expertise, and test new technologies. We will rely on you to establish solid engineering standards.
Additional responsibilities that could be taken over:
Who you are:
- You have strong experience building containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- You have strong experience managing cloud infrastructure, preferably on Azure, GCP or AWS
- You have experience in DevOps, working with Gitlab and Gitlab CI or similar
- You are fully fluent in Python and/or Golang
- You are passionate about software engineering and making production infrastructure performant and reliable
- You love your users even more than your code.
Would be a plus:
- A competitive Swiss salary and a generous equity compensation plan
- Flexible working hours and remote work options
- Access to unlimited computational resources
- A stimulating environment with top-level researchers and engineers
- A comfortable office with open beverages and healthy food