Neural Concept marks exceptional growth in 2023, expanding customer base to 60+ customers
- 3D Deep Learning platform for automotive, energy and aerospace engineering teams delivers lightning fast simulations and radically innovative designs
- Five years since launch, Company’s customers include more than 60 global OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, including Airbus, LS Electric, Mubea, Subaru, LG Electronics, General Electric, Safran, Mitsubishi Chemical Group
[Écublens, Vaud, Switzerland, December 11, 2023]: Neural Concept, the pioneers in 3D deep learning for engineering, today announced that demand for its technology continues to soar with 60 OEM and Tier One customers, including Airbus, General Electrics, Subaru. The company is also working with racing teams around the world, including four of the ten Formula 1 teams.
Neural Concept’s platform, Neural Concept Shape (NCS), applies the company’s Physics-based predictive as well as 3D Geometry Generative Models l – deep learning – to the product development processes. The platform is designed to offer a familiar environment to product and engineering teams while using 3D deep learning to bridge the gap between simulation and design. NCS is proven to streamline processes, improve collaboration, and enhance innovation by making Engineering Intelligence central to the end-to-end product design process.
Since the company's launch in 2018, Neural Concept has emerged as the leader in Deep Learning in Engineering Intelligence within the automotive, aerospace, and energy industries. The company’s technology enables designers and engineers to reduce the time to market for their products dramatically. Neural Concept Shape leverages the company’s proprietary technology to reduce product development times by up to 75%, speed up product simulation by 10x, and improve product characteristics including efficiency, safety, speed, and aerodynamics by up to 30%.
Some of Neural Concept’s key wins in 2023 include:
- Landing their 60th customer. Neural Concept now works with some of the world’s leading automotive and aerospace companies including Airbus, Subaru, Mubea, and Honda.
- Launch of its Neural Concept Shape (NCS) 4.0 platform. Key features include an enhanced user experience, more flexibility and modularity for all use cases, an LLM-powered interface, and better data and resource management capabilities.
- Customers report lead time reduction of up to 90% as well as late-stage design failures reduction of up to 30%.
- Growing the Neural Concept team by 67% since 2022, to more than 40 employees across R&D, data science, and customer success.
- Helping multiple racing teams break world records, including François Pervis, a seven-time world champion on the track, who broke the European speed record in September 2023 with speeds exceeding 138 km per hour on a streamlined recumbent bike designed using the NCS platform.
- Neural Concept also is working with SP80, a team of EPFL engineers building a sailboat capable of reaching 80 knots (150 kmph) - 30 knots more than the current world record - ahead of their world record attempt in early 2024
- Runner up at The Europas 2023 in the ‘Hottest Artificial Intelligence Startup’ category.
- Finalist in the 2023 Swiss Technology Awards
Neural Concept’s NCS platform is now relied on by 60+ OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, who utilize its modular deep learning algorithms tailored for hybrid geometry generative models and physics-based predictive models. NCS simplifies engineering processes and offers a 75% lead-time reduction; far greater than currently used surrogate AI models.
Most recently, Subaru has been using NCS to predict the formability of press parts for automobiles to help reduce product development times and develop better quality products at scale.
Mr. Sakata Suke, Body production engineer at Subaru, said: “In the past, press mould design has been optimized for mould shapes using CAD and FEM. However, while the number of man-hours required for such mould design increases year by year, high quality and short delivery time are required. Neural Concept Shape (NCS) can create a Surrogate AI learned from past FEM and CAD shapes, and can predict new design shapes at high speed.”
Pierre Baqué, Co-Founder and CEO of Neural Concept said: “Five years since our company launch, 2023 has been a landmark year for Neural Concept. We are at a crucial moment in time, where global challenges urgently require new thinking and new products. Conventional approaches to product design and engineering are too slow to meet these challenges; designing a new car takes on average 6 years, and a new plane 15. By making computer-based intelligence such as deep learning the central paradigm of the design process, we're not just improving efficiency; Engineering Intelligence revolutionizes the very way engineers conceptualize, design, and validate products, and transforms how they interact with CAE and CAD softwares. Customer demand for our platform is exceptionally strong, and we look forward to continuing this blazing-fast momentum into 2024 and beyond.”
About Neural Concept
Neural Concept uses Deep Learning to provide industrial companies with lightning fast numerical simulations and radically innovative designs. Where traditional physical solvers would take days or weeks to evaluate a single design, our neural network-based predictive models allow engineers to test and optimize design ideas in real time. We believe that this technology will change forever how engineers design and shape tomorrow’s world.
The company was founded in 2018 in one of the world’s most advanced AI labs at EPFL, Switzerland. More than 60 engineering projects have been successfully completed with the Neural Concept Shape platform since then. It is 40+ employees strong and has already established solid and fast growing revenues. Neural Concept is backed by Venture Capital investors including CNB Capital, High-Tech Gruenderfonds, and Venture Kick who share our ambition about establishing our position as market leaders.
For more information, visit https://www.neuralconcept.com