Software Engineer (80%-100%)
Our mission is to make Neural Concept’s flagship product, NCShape, a powerful, yet user-friendly, platform for engineers and designers to accelerate drastically their conception workflow thanks to 3D deep-learning. We are a cross-functional team of engineers dedicated to providing every industry the solution to build better products, faster. We rely on a proven tech stack, using Kubernetes to run a combination of app microservices and GPU workloads at scale on elastic cloud infrastructure. Most of our services are implemented in Python to offer better compatibility with deep-learning libraries, but we also use Go for other standalone components, and VueJS for our frontend. We have robust development best-practices, using Gitlab, Gitlab CI and Argo workflows to orchestrate our release cycles, unit tests and performance benchmarks.
Join our team building the core of the NC Shape platform as we drastically scale up the number of our users.
What you will do
Our technology is raising strong interest from the engineering world, the number of our users is growing quickly, and new needs are arising for diverse AI-enhanced engineering use-cases. As part of the team building the core of the Shape software, your mission will be to create new features and workflows in our deep-learning application, so that hundreds of engineers can adopt it smoothly to address some of the world’s most complex engineering challenges at scale. We will value creativity and rigor as you design and implement the future of our platform.
While working towards this goal:
- You will collaborate with product managers and internal power users to prioritize needs, propose technical solutions and implement high-impact novel features in our software.
- You will contribute to designing and implementing efficient cloud systems that can run powerful data processing and machine learning algorithms at scale.
- You will communicate about the latest advances of our software both internally and externally, through documentation, blog posts and demo events.
- You will be part of our constant effort to establish solid engineering standards. We will rely on you to advocate development best practices to ensure our software stays reliable and performant.
- You will have the opportunity to express your creativity and technical expertise, as well as to learn and test new technologies to keep our software truly cutting-edge.
Who you are
- You hold a scientific degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or other relevant field.
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing software libraries and backend components for production using Python.
- You have strong experience building containerized applications with Docker
- You enjoy sharing your work, with great docs or blog posts.
- You are motivated, detail-oriented, enjoy solving difficult problems and willing to engage in unknown territory.
- You like to work in a team.
- You want to make a difference in the real world.
What you will get
- A competitive salary and generous equity compensation plan - we are growing fast and want our employees to benefit from this growth.
- Flexible working hours - we care about what you deliver, not about when you work.
- Work with people who care about you - we support each other and care about you so that you can thrive.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing company with global ambitions - our product is demanded in all regions of the world. We are growing by following our customers.
- The opportunity to contribute to changing the future of engineering - we believe that our product will contribute to changing the future of many industries.
Please keep in mind that you do not need to tick all the boxes to apply. We value people with passion & creativity and offer plenty of space to learn and grow at our company.
This position is open as part-time (80%) or full-time (100%).
More open positions
Solution Architect (80%-100%)
As a key member of the team developing and maintaining the Shape platform, you will design and deploy enterprise solutions enabling our biggest customers to bring AI into industrial production.